Administrative / personal assistant needed. The assistant will work closely with senior managerial staff to provide
administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. Assistant will make the best use of their time by performing
administrative tasks that will support upper management.
Must understand the organization's overall aims and objectives to streamline and simplify the manager's daily
tasks. Managers will rely heavily on their assistant, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion
and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes for a successful PA. Strong typing skills, the ability to take dictation and
a knowledge of Apple computers and devices is also required.
- The assistant will often act as the manager's first point of contact with people from both inside
and outside the organization. Tasks are likely to include:
- Marketing duties and content creation
- Basic tasks with Adobe Photoshop or other editing software
- Typing and proofing emails
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Maintaining and organizing database
- Managing bulk email and mailings
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organizing and maintaining calendars and making appointments;
- Sometimes corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings, ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings and taking notes during meetings.
- Liaising with suppliers and other staff to simplify and streamline tasks for the manager.
- Knowledge of photoshop and/or other photo editing software
- Able to use Apple devices and computers
- 50+ wpm typing
- Strong ability to take direction
- Motivated self-starter
Applicants interested in applying for this position must send resume and cover letter to Chamberlan Carothers.