SVN | Southgate Realty, LLC, Hattiesburg’s leader in apartment management and commercial real estate, has an opening for a Maintenance Technician. This is a full-time, year-round position. You’ll find all the details about the responsibilities and requirements below. If you or someone you know would be perfect for this position, please submit your resume to [email protected].
Basic Role: Maintains physical condition of property. Assists in all other types of maintenance. General maintenance experience preferred and attendance is a must.
Relationships: Reports to the maintenance supervisor and manager(s). Maintains relationships with all associates, suppliers, vendors, current and prospective residents.
- Satisfies service request per work order, following company procedures. If necessary enters at resident’s convenience. Makes repairs, cleans up thoroughly, observes condition of apartment, and reports any unusual circumstances to management.
- Assists with apartment punch out procedures: services appliances, plumbing, electrical fixtures. Repairs or replaces old and faulty parts, including re-keying of locks.
- Makes regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and any other major equipment. Checks for appearance and cleanliness, checks for structural cracks, excessive wear, and faulty parts.
- Makes repairs or replacements, as necessary and with approval of manager.
- Performs on-call service for emergencies when assigned.
- Has thorough knowledge of power, water, and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers, and hydrants.
- Follows all company emergency procedures.
- Picks up trash on community.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment, supplies, and general cleanliness or organization of storage areas.
- Reports all needed repairs to manager.
- Adherence of all company policies and fair housing laws to protect the integrity and liability of the owner and/or managing agent(s) of the community.
Must be able to diagnose problems with and make repairs of :
- Major appliances
- Basic- Intermediate plumbing and electrical
- General carpentry
- Pest control
- Basic-Intermediate roofing and gutters, sidewalks and parking.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and their uses.
- Ability to read and follow any assembly installation or repair instructions including wiring schematics or diagrams.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs and ladders, lift a minimum of 50 lbs, and be able to multitask freely.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect/repair apartment community and purchase items necessary for the repair or replacement.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Working Conditions: Exposure to any number of elements to include but not limited to: dust, dirt, snow, rain, ice, hot and cold weather, etc.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal time is accrued. Time is based on length of employment.
- Compensation is based upon experience and certification(s).