SVN | Southgate Realty, LLC, Hattiesburg’s leader in commercial and multifamily management, is excited to announce that we have a position available on our team. We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person with a background in accounting or finance to join our team of professionals. The position will support various aspects of the corporate office and its day-to-day operations. The perfect person for this position may be new to business but driven, enthusiastic, and ready to learn or may be a seasoned CPA. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with good communication and problem-solving skills. We are looking for candidates who are coachable, persistent, and willing to put in the work.
If you are in Hattiesburg and are interested in this opportunity to work with the leading commercial real estate brokerage in the Gulf South, email your resume to Marketing@SouthgateRealtyLLC.com.
Responsibilities for the Accounting/Finance Position include but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, and loan reconciliations
- Properly record and maintain areas such as leases, fixed assets, financial instruments, equity, etc.
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data
- Payroll processing
- Review and verify vendor invoices
- Maintain accounting filing system
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Enters and maintains all applicable data
- Ensure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local financial regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One year of experience in bookkeeping, accounts payable, or payroll administration
- Two- or four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Relevant experience will be considered in kind.
- Experienced with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment without constant monitoring
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player and take direction well
- Must have a strong organizational ability and pay close attention to detail
- Effective project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and switch between duties with little trouble
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- The opportunity to work for an established 40+ year old company