Moving to Hattiesburg?
“Southgate Realty offers the utmost in premier apartment living in the greater Hattiesburg area.
How do I know? Because I have been a member of the Southgate Realty community for almost five years. As a seasoned resident, I can honestly say that Southgate Realty goes above and beyond to ensure that each resident comes home to a safe, cozy, quiet, well-maintained property. Give them a call, you will not be disappointed.” - Darren Holland, Southgate Resident[Contact Southgate] (Link to Contact) (Image right – apartments-with-pools-hattiesburg.png)
Come home to Southgate
What does your perfect home look like? With Southgate, you have 13 beautiful Hattiesburg apartment communities to choose from. Each of these premier communities offers spacious floor plans, convenient amenities, and premium finishes that combine to create an unparalleled living experience. Southgate provides the premier apartments, duplexes and townhomes for rent in the Hattiesburg area for every lifestyle and budget.
At Southgate, you’ll find properties with:
- Convenient locations – Whether you’re biking to USM, walking to work or chauffeuring your kids around town, Southgate has a community with the perfect location for your needs.
- Fabulous extras – From modern playgrounds to sparkling pools and hot tubs, pet-friendly communities to dedicated resident assistants, Southgate is known throughout Hattiesburg for the unique extras found at many of our beautiful properties.
- Hands-on care and maintenance – We know that you want your apartment, townhome or duplex to feel like home. With our beautiful landscaping, on-site maintenance, and 24-hour-services you’ll get the attention and experience you, and your home, deserve.
- Hattiesburg’s most accredited management team – We guarantee a superior level of service, and our residents have come to expect the best. Do you need help finding the perfect apartments for rent in Hattiesburg? Do you want to be treated with the utmost respect and care? Come experience the Southgate difference.
Our Promise to You
For 35 years, Southgate Realty has proudly served the Hattiesburg area with integrity, expertise and a sincere desire to positively impact the lives of all we serve. Whether you’re coming home to a Southgate property or looking to invest in our growing community, we are committed to providing our residents and investment parters with superior service, professionalism and respect.
Our Certified Commercial Investment Members (CCIM) and Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) members have the training and expertise to help you minimize risk, make informed decisions and provide the expert guidance and experience you deserve. As the most accredited commercial real estate management group in Hattiesburg, our local team is prepared to meet and exceed your expectations.[Find Out More] (Link to Accreditations) (Image right – home-accreditations.png)
Why you should live, work, retire and invest in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Hattiesburg is growing, and with good reason. Our beautiful city is quickly becoming known as one of the best places to live and invest, not just in Mississippi, but throughout the country.
The people of the “Hub City” are known for their incredible culture focused on family, education, music and the arts. Employers, investors and young professionals are flocking to the city to take advantage of the abundance of opportunities available here.
Great shopping and entertainment, a plethora of activities, and a culture rooted in family, history, education and the arts gives the people of Hattiesburg a unique lifestyle that you just can’t find anywhere else.
In Hattiesburg you can expect:
- A new experience every day. A day spent in Hattiesburg consists of shopping in a variety of unique, locally owned shops and boutiques, the best national chains and brands, and discovering something new in the Downtown Arts and Entertainment District. From the downtown Farmer’s Market to over 200 restaurants, there are always new dishes to enjoy with friends. A variety of local sports teams and events are sure to keep the sports fans cheering in any season, and the local festivals and music venues will delight even the most particular music lover. The Hattiesburg Zoo, our many parks and playgrounds and other children’s activities offer wonderful opportunities for families to grow and play together in our beautiful city. There is always something fun to do in Hattiesburg!
- An intense focus on education. Hattiesburg boasts 2 of the top 3 high schools in all of Mississippi – Oak Grove and Petal High Schools, and of course, two of the state’s premier universities – The University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University. Joined by Pearl River Community College and Jones County Junior College, Hattiesburg has an obvious college-town draw, while also serving young families with three of Mississippi’s highest performing school districts.
- Quality healthcare. Hattiesburg has become the medical hub for south Mississippi. With two incredible hospitals – Forrest General Hospital and Wesley Medical Center and the largest multi-specialty clinic in Mississippi – Hattiesburg Clinic, you can find the best care and the latest techniques and practices, right here at home.
- Secure employment and new opportunities. The Area Development Partnerships cites 3 reasons for the continued growth in Hattiesburg – Education, Healthcare and the Military. These three pillars serve to fuel the economy and provide new and exciting employment opportunities for our growing workforce. The local educational institutions not only employ many in the region, but provide an educated workforce for outside organizations who are seeking to develop here. The healthcare industry in Hattiesburg is a major employer and contributes to the continued growth and stability of employment in the region, with over 8,200 directly employed by the medical systems, and approximately $400 million in payroll expenditures each year. Nearby Camp Shelby provides not only a boost to the economy as thousands of troops travel there to train, shopping and eating in Hattiesburg, but it also employs over 2,000 local men and women who call Hattiesburg home.
- A retirement like no other. “Where to Retire Magazine” has listed Hattiesburg as one of the top 100 places to retire in the United States, as well as one of the top 8 most “tax-friendly” cities. The city is continually being recognized for the many opportunities it provides retirees, as well as the focus on continued education provided through the University of Southern Mississippi’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
- Incredible investment opportunities.
- Between the years 2000 and 2010 Hattiesburg’s population grew by 15.4% with a current population of 48,000 within the city limits and 140,000 in the Greater Hattiesburg Area.
- Hattiesburg boasts an above average household income among Mississippi cities and a lower than average unemployment rate.
- With more than $2.5 billion in annual revenue, we are proud to be listed #2 in the state for retail sales.
- Young families, professionals, students and retirees are flocking to Hattiesburg to enjoy it’s low tax rates, low cost of living and incredible culture and opportunities.
- Sitting on the crossroads of Hwy 49 and 98 and Interstate 59, Hattiesburg is perfectly poised for continued growth and a prosperous future. Just 1 hour from the MS Gulf Coasts and 1.5 hours from Jackson, Mobile and New Orleans, Hattiesburg draws people from throughout the region to shop, live and work.
- Even through the recent crisis, real estate has remained steady in the city and is expected to improve at a faster than average rate. Hattiesburg is the obvious choice for those looking to invest in South Mississippi.